Yogathon – Competing for Cash
|October 22, 2013||Posted by Jean Hoiland under Uncategorized, Yogathon||
It won’t be long before we are stuffing our faces with holiday treats and feasts, prioritizing parties and family instead of health, wellness and nutrition. Why wait until January to resolve to change?
Everyone, especially those with a desire to kick start your yoga practice
Be One with the Universe, Yogathon – 6 weeks of yoga transformation!
Your home, the internet and you guessed it Intent Yoga
November 1 from 6-8pm (Launch Party – pot luck and guidelines of competition)
December 13 from 6-8pm (Wrap up party – pot luck and prizes awarded)
$20 contribution for the prizes (by 10/25)
$25 after 10/25
- First place wins 50% of entry contributions
- second place 30%
- third place 20%
First place winner must have a minimum of 500 points. For those of you with the competitive gene this should be easy to obtain. You didn’t think we were going to make it a walk in the park did you? If no one gets 500 points then the studio keeps the first place prize, no whining. Second and third place prizes will be awarded regardless of hitting the minimum points, after all we don’t need to keep all of the money.
There will be No measurements, No weigh ins
We don’t care how much you weigh or the girth of your hips. We want your strength and mobility to improve. We want you to read about the Sutra’s, good alignment and other yoga topics. Your reward will be a higher state of consciousness, knowing the difference between down dog and up dog, discovering the femur does not connect to the clavicle and the ability to say “my kundalini is rising” with a straight face. The results we seek cannot be measured in inches and pounds.
This is an exercise in being personally responsible for your own practice.
How do you win?
You get points each time you participate in activities listed below. Points must be reported by midnight each day. First place must earn at least 500 points, average attendance 2x’s week and attend at least 4 Saturday classes in addition to the 2x’s per week.
- (20 points) Bring a friend – New to studio
- (10 points) Attend classes at studio
- (10 points) Attend special Saturday class (For participants only)
- (5 points) Home asana practice 20 minute minimum. Honor system folks and reporting to me daily exactly what you did or a link to an online class.
- (5 points) Reading articles/book chapters about yoga (at least one per week). Email title, author, page number and/or website link.
- (5 points) Evening meditation. 10 minutes minimum.
- (3 points) Daily journal – track water, food, and sleep. I trust you know what healthy meals consist of so save the minute details.
- (3 points) Check into our Facebook Page every time you come to the studio
…and to make it a little more interesting and fun
- (-5 points) Showing up late to class 😉
- (-5 points) Improperly putting props away – hopefully no one ever gets caught
- (-5 points) leaving water cups or bottles in studio
- (-3 points) Every beer, decadent desert, cigarette or other vice needing to be curbed. What better way to bring our attention to habits and patterns. Be accountable, be honest and be prepared to practice, read and meditate a lot to make up for any lapses of judgement in regard to said vices. We are aiming for moderation and discuss this at the launch party.
Bring $20 in envelope with your name & phone number printed clearly on front.
WARNING! Yoga may be hazardous to your health. You will bend in unusual ways, while precariously balancing on one limb. You will experience moments of clarity and one pointed focus, do not be alarmed. You will exhibit strength and mobility you did not previously possess. You will appear taller and more radiant. You will be more productive at work. You will expand your thinking and find spiritual enlightenment. We cannot stress enough…DO NOT BE ALARMED!
By participating in this activity you acknowledge you are acting at your own risk and peril and you agree not to hold the organizer responsible in the event of injury, death or insanity.
We hope you will participate in connecting with other lighthearted, fun and funny people in our yoga community.